Commenting on the Report of the Inquiry into Hyponatraemia-Related Deaths, Department of Health Permanent Secretary, Richard Pengelly said: "The Department has today received the report from the Inquiry into Hyponatraemia-related Deaths, and would extend our thanks to the Inquiry Chairman, Mr Justice O'Hara and his team for their work.
“The thoughts of everyone today, first and foremost, are with the families of the children who tragically lost their lives and the Department is deeply sorry for the distress, hurt and loss suffered by the families.
“The Inquiry report acknowledges the work that has been undertaken to address serious past failings and provide safe and accountable care in future. That vital work will continue, informed by the findings and recommendations of the Inquiry report.”
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries please contact the Department of Health Press Office on 028 9052 0575 or email. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974373 and your call will be returned.
2. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- Reform of Adult Social Care Consultation Summary Report published 01 June 2023
- 'Dáithí’s Law’ to go live tomorrow 31 May 2023
- Queen’s University Honour conferred on Chief Pharmaceutical Officer 30 May 2023
- My Waiting Times NI 25 May 2023