Commenting on the Report of the Inquiry into Hyponatraemia-Related Deaths, Department of Health Permanent Secretary, Richard Pengelly said: "The Department has today received the report from the Inquiry into Hyponatraemia-related Deaths, and would extend our thanks to the Inquiry Chairman, Mr Justice O'Hara and his team for their work.
“The thoughts of everyone today, first and foremost, are with the families of the children who tragically lost their lives and the Department is deeply sorry for the distress, hurt and loss suffered by the families.
“The Inquiry report acknowledges the work that has been undertaken to address serious past failings and provide safe and accountable care in future. That vital work will continue, informed by the findings and recommendations of the Inquiry report.”
Notes to editors:
1. For media enquiries please contact the Department of Health Press Office on 028 9052 0575 or email. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974373 and your call will be returned.
2. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- Health Minister urges united front against Covid-19 19 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Pilot Northern Ireland – 25 September to 8 October 2020 16 October 2020
- Publication of “Children Adopted from Care in Northern Ireland 2019/20” 15 October 2020
- Extension to the term of a Non-Executive Member of the Patient and Client Council 12 October 2020