The 2023/24 budget allocation for health effectively represents a flat cash budget, with a similar level of funding to the previous year.
It therefore makes no allowance for the increasing costs of running services and the rising demand for care across the population.
Consequently, 2023/24 will inevitably involve significant financial pressures across health and social care, with a material impact on service provision.
The Department will be assessing the budget allocation and its implications in detail and will be meeting with HSC chief executives in the coming days.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Life expectancy in Northern Ireland 2020-22 06 December 2023
- Local pharmacies can help with Urinary Tract Infections 05 December 2023
- New era for pharmacist education 04 December 2023
- Publication of the quarterly Northern Ireland outpatient, inpatient and day case, and diagnostic waiting times statistics - position on 30 September 2023 30 November 2023