The Department of Health has commissioned an independent review into care failings at Dunmurry Manor Care Home, focussing on the actions of the Health and Social Care system.
The review will consider HSC responses to issues at Dunmurry Manor and identify lessons to be learned for the future.
A Departmental spokesperson said: “As the Permanent Secretary has made clear, the Department of Health takes very seriously the issues which have emerged from Dunmurry Manor. This independent review, which we have commissioned CPEA to carry-out, will give us a clear picture of how these care failings came about and, crucially, how we can put systems in place to prevent them occurring again.”
This review is part of a range of actions announced by the Department of Health on 27 June, as detailed at https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/news/department-health-details-series-measures-care-home-standards
The Department and CPEA will now work to urgently agree terms of reference and methodology for this review.
Notes to editors:
1. CPEA is an independent expert consultancy company which specialises in social care. www.cpea.co.uk
2. It has a strong track record in providing independent review and scrutiny. A CPEA associate led the Serious Case Review into Winterbourne View in England.
3. For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office 028 9052 0575 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Extension to term of Office of a Non-Executive Member of the Patient and Client Council 17 July 2019
- Reappointment of two Non-Executive Directors to the Public Health Agency 09 July 2019
- Complaints and Compliments received by HSC Trusts in Northern Ireland 2018-19 04 July 2019
- Transformation fund continues to support much-needed change 04 July 2019