The Department of Health has commissioned an independent review into care failings at Dunmurry Manor Care Home, focussing on the actions of the Health and Social Care system.
The review will consider HSC responses to issues at Dunmurry Manor and identify lessons to be learned for the future.
A Departmental spokesperson said: “As the Permanent Secretary has made clear, the Department of Health takes very seriously the issues which have emerged from Dunmurry Manor. This independent review, which we have commissioned CPEA to carry-out, will give us a clear picture of how these care failings came about and, crucially, how we can put systems in place to prevent them occurring again.”
This review is part of a range of actions announced by the Department of Health on 27 June, as detailed at https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/news/department-health-details-series-measures-care-home-standards
The Department and CPEA will now work to urgently agree terms of reference and methodology for this review.
Notes to editors:
1. CPEA is an independent expert consultancy company which specialises in social care. www.cpea.co.uk
2. It has a strong track record in providing independent review and scrutiny. A CPEA associate led the Serious Case Review into Winterbourne View in England.
3. For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office 028 9052 0575 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Proven success of General Practice Pharmacy paves the way for ambitious future plans 28 February 2024
- Appointment of Health and Social Care Trust Non-Executive Directors 27 February 2024
- A year of ‘damage limitation’ - Swann 27 February 2024
- Swann welcomes ‘positive step forward’ on pay settlement 26 February 2024