The Department of Health confirms that today a further nine people have sadly lost their lives to Covid-19.
This brings the total number of deaths to 347 since the start of the outbreak.
There have also been 73 more cases of coronavirus diagnosed here, bringing the number of confirmed cases to 3,536.
|Number of tests||Positive||Deaths|
|Position change between 29 and 28 April||*2,243||73||9|
*This includes 824 tests carried out as part of the national testing programme.
|Covid-19 suspected/confirmed Inpatients:||848|
|Covid-19 suspected/confirmed Discharges:||3,510|
|ICU Beds Covid-19 suspected/confirmed:||33|
|Total Beds (as of 29 April):||3,393|
|Total Beds Occupied (as of 29 April):||2,339|
|Care Home Outbreaks (as of 29 April):||70|
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the Duty Press Office on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- Health Minister announces vital package of support for general practice 15 October 2021
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 3 October to 9 October 2021 15 October 2021
- Publication of Healthy Child, Healthy Future - Health Review Statistics for Northern Ireland 2020/21 14 October 2021
- Health Minister Congratulates Nursing and Midwifery ‘Leaders of the Future’ 14 October 2021