The Department of Health has published the most recent scientific data which expands on the R number.
R is not the only factor which will influence decisions about social distancing and other restrictions. It is also necessary to consider the number of cases of COVID-19 and other indicators of the activity of the epidemic, in addition to the benefits which would come from relaxing restrictions. The Covid-19 update is available on the Department of Health website.
R (the reproduction number) is currently estimated at between 0.5 and 0.9, based on a range of different models and input variables.
It is important to model the COVID-19 epidemic in Northern Ireland in order to plan the delivery of Health and Social Care services and to inform decision making with regard to social distancing and other restrictions.
Notes to editors:
- The Covid-19 update is available at: https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/health/COVID%20update%20for%20Executive%2008%20June.pdf
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Re-introduction of Free car parking for HSC staff 29 October 2020
- Statistics from the Northern Ireland Substance Misuse Database: 2019/20 29 October 2020
- Swann Welcomes Funding Allocation to Health 29 October 2020
- ‘StopCOVID NI’ app compatible with tracing apps in Scotland and Jersey 28 October 2020