Northern Ireland’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr Michael McBride deeply honoured and humbled by Royal honour.
Dr Michael McBride was speaking following confirmation that he is to receive the highest of honours in the Birthday Honours’ list.
He said: “It is deeply humbling that any contribution I have made with the support of a great many others should be recognised in this way.
“I am very proud to be so acknowledged by her Majesty and most especially for all those who it has been my privilege to work with. This is as much a recognition of their contribution and all the support they have been to me over so many years in different roles - work colleagues across health and social care, the Department of Health and most particularly my wife and my children.
“Public office and service is a huge privilege and honour although at times the burden of responsibility weighs heavily including on those closest to you.
“My family have sacrificed and put up with so much over the years. Not least this past year. Like many others I look forward to the day when life returns to a semblance of normality and I can spend some quality time with my family.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey – Antibody and Vaccination Data for Northern Ireland 27 October 2021
- Extensions to the terms of the chair and seven non-executive members of the Northern Ireland Practice and Education Council for Nursing and Midwifery 27 October 2021
- Free Rapid COVID-19 tests available from over 500 local pharmacies 26 October 2021
- Swann commends military medical technicians 24 October 2021