Health Minister Robin Swann has announced the next phase of the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccine booster programme.
From next Wednesday (December 15), those in the 40-49 age group who are three months since their second dose will be able to book their booster using the online system. And from today they can also book or attend a community pharmacy for a booster, or attend a Health Trust vaccination hub, which have some availability of walk-in slots at this stage.
The announcement comes with Northern Ireland’s vaccination programme approaching the half million mark for boosters and third doses administered.
Minister Swann said “Everyone involved in our vaccination programme is continuing to work extremely hard to further accelerate the booster programme, while also providing first and second doses.
“It is our intention that by the end of January, COVID-19 vaccine booster doses will have been made available to everyone aged 18 and over in Northern Ireland.
“I would encourage everyone to get their booster when they are eligible. I also very much welcome the increase in people coming forward for their first doses.
“Vaccination is how we protect ourselves and those closest to us, and support our health service this winter. Every jab matters.”
People attending Trust vaccination walk-in hubs are asked to be patient in the event of any queues.
The Minister said “Please be assured that the vaccination teams will get to you as quickly as they can”
Details of Trust vaccination hubs are available on Trust websites. To book at a Trust hub, go online to the HSCNI website.
Details of community pharmacies providing boosters are available on the HSC Board website.
Current eligibility for boosters includes everyone aged over 50 who are three months since their second dose. They can get their booster jabs at Trust hubs and pharmacies, and GPs are also providing boosters to this age group.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 21 January 2022
- Health Minister announces Independent Review of Children’s Social Care Services in Northern Ireland 21 January 2022
- Swann welcomes Northern Ireland joining International Mental Health Group 21 January 2022
- Northern Ireland Hospital Based Termination of Pregnancy Statistics, 2020/21 20 January 2022