The Department of Health announced the appointment of Mr Deep Sagar and Mr Sean McKeever as Non-Executive Members to the Business Services Organisation for a maximum period of four years. Both Mr Sagar and Mr McKeever have been appointed from 13 November 2017.
The board of the Business Services Organisation (BSO) comprises four Executive Members, a Non-Executive Chair and eight Non-Executive Members, including one Trade Union representative and 7 Lay Members.
Lay Members of the BSO receive annual remuneration of £5,402 for a time commitment of 3 days per month.
The BSO provides a broad range of support functions for the health and social care service, bringing together services which are common to bodies or persons engaged in providing health or social services which include:
Administrative support, advice and assistance;
- Financial services
- Human resource, personnel and corporate services
- Estate management and maintenance of buildings, equipment and land
- Information Technology, and Information Management
- Procurement of goods and services
- Legal services
- Contractual compliance, internal audit and fraud prevention
These appointments were made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Appointments to the BSO are made with the approval of the Department. There are no specific qualifications for appointment. Each person is appointed to act in a personal capacity and not represent any particular interest or group.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. All Non-Executive Members being appointed declared that they had not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- Mr Deep Sagar’s main working background has been in private-sector business. He was a senior manager in multinational companies like Coca-Cola working internationally. More recently, he has been a non-executive director including in health and social care organisations like NHS 24, Expert Patients Programme and Health Professions Council. Presently, his other roles include Chair of the governing body of South Eastern Regional College and board member of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority
- Mr Sean McKeever joined the Southern Health and Social Services Board in 1987 after qualifying as a Chartered Accountant. He has extensive experience as Chief Executive and Director of Finance in the health care systems of Northern Ireland and England. He has recently retired and is currently Chairman of the NI Civil Service Pensions Board.
- Media enquiries to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0579. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 2397 4383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt.
- Northern Ireland Paramedics get formal recognition as Allied Health Professionals (AHP) 15 August 2018
- Statistics on Smoking Cessation Services in Northern Ireland: Four week follow up figures for 2017/18, and 52 week follow up figures for 2016/17 15 August 2018
- Department to simplify employment arrangements for junior doctors 14 August 2018
- Publication of New Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse Action Plan 09 August 2018