The Department of Health has announced the appointment of the Non-Executive Chair of the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust (SEHSCT). Mr Deep Sagar’s appointment will begin on 1 March 2019 and will run for a maximum period of 4 years. The role of Chair carries a time commitment of 3 days per week and attracts an annual remuneration of £30,618.
The SEHSCT is one of five Health and Social Care (HSC) Trusts established in 2007 responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities.
Each HSC Trust is managed directly by a Board of Directors which has corporate responsibility for its operation. The Board is made up of five executive directors and seven non-executive directors and a non-executive chair. Executive directors and non-executive directors are full and equal members of the Board.
The appointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for NI.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Deep Sagar - Deep Sagar’s career was in private-sector business. He had roles such as general manager and director in multinationals like Coca-Cola internationally. More recently he has been a non-executive director in the public sector and the civic and social sector. His roles have included being chair of NHS 24, Councillors’ Remuneration Panel for Northern Ireland and South Eastern Regional College governors. Among his present roles are board membership of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority and Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service0.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. Mr Sagar declared he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- Media enquiries to DoH Press Office on 02890 520575 or email:email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 02890 378110. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt.
- Radical plans to transform day surgery across Northern Ireland are being accelerated by the Department of Health 21 March 2019
- 12 Month Extension to the Term of Non-Executive Chair of the Southern Health and Social Care Trust 19 March 2019
- Department announces weight loss surgery centre proposals 19 March 2019
- World Social Work Day message for social workers from NI Chief Social Worker 19 March 2019