The Department of Health today announced the appointment of a Non-Executive Chair to the Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service. Ms Bonnie Anley’s term of appointment commences on 1 April 2019 and ends on a date not later than 31 March 2023.
The roles carry a time commitment of 2 days per month and attracts an annual remuneration of £7,370.
The Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service is an independent special agency of the Department of Health and exists to fully supply the needs of all hospitals and clinical units in the province with safe and effective blood and blood products and other related services.
The NI Blood Transfusion Service is managed by a Board of Directors which is made up of three non-executive directors, a Chair and an Interim Chief Executive.
All appointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
1. Bonnie Anley has been in the transport sector for over 25 years. She has been involved in the governance of commercial and third sector organisations for the same length of time. Bonnie has had an active role in the governance of Trust Ports for 12 years, currently as Chair of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners. She is also a member of the Institute of Directors Northern Ireland Committee. Bonnie is a graduate of Trinity College Dublin (MA) and a graduate of Queens University Belfast (MSc); she is a Chartered Director and a Fellow of the Institute of Directors.
2. This appointment was made with the approval of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Ms Anley has declared that she has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
4. For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Current R Number estimate 13 August 2020
- Publication of Weekly Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Deliveries, Northern Ireland: W/E 6 March to W/E 31 July 2020 12 August 2020
- Appointment of five Non-Executive Members to the Health And Social Care Board 12 August 2020
- Swann: “Increasing number of COVID-19 cases a concern” 11 August 2020