The Department of Health today announced the reappointment of a non-executive Chair to the Northern Health and Social Care Trust (the Northern Trust). Mr Bob McCann is reappointed as non-executive Chair with effect from 20 January 2018 for a maximum period of four years.
The Northern HSC Trust is one of five Trusts established as statutorily separate organisations within the HSC family, responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities. They provide health and social care services against Ministerial priorities, standards and targets. Services will be provided as specified in contracts with the commissioners of health and social care services, namely the HSC Board.
Although Trusts are statutorily separate organisations, they are an integral part of the HSC and are expected to deliver against an agenda set by the Minister and performance managed by the Department and the HSC Board.
This appointment carries a time commitment of three days per week and may involve commitment both inside and outside normal working hours. The non-executive Chair of the Northern Trust appointment attracts an annual remuneration of £29,716.
This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
1. Bob McCann
Bob McCann lives in Newtownabbey and is a chartered certified accountant. He has a broad management background having held a number of senior management posts in both the private and public sectors. Bob is also Chair of the Northern Trust’s Remuneration Committee, a member of the NI Valuation Tribunal and a member of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. Previously, Bob has been a Non-Executive Director of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority, a Non-Executive Member of the Agri Food and Bio Science Institute, a member of the Consumer Council for Northern Ireland, Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee of the NI Commissioner for Children and Young People, an independent member of the Housing Executive Audit Committee, a Non-Executive Director of United Hospitals Trust and a Director of Victim Support NI.
2. This re-appointment was made with the approval of the Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr McCann declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
4. Media queries to DoH Information Office on 02890 520074, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- 12 Month Extension of Term of Non-Executive Member of the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency 20 February 2019
- Drug misuse a growing challenge for health service and society 20 February 2019
- Extension of Appointment of Two Non-Executive Members of the NI Blood Transfusion Service 18 February 2019
- Reappointment of the President and a Council Member to the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland 18 February 2019