The Department of Health has launched a public appointment process to recruit Northern Ireland’s first Independent Autism Reviewer.
The role, introduced through the Autism (Amendment) Act (NI) 2022, will present an exciting opportunity for individuals who are passionate about driving change and progress for autistic people, their families and carers.
Whilst the Reviewer will be appointed by the Department of Health, the role will be independent of Northern Ireland Departments and will act as an Advocate for autistic people, their families and carers across government departments, public bodies and the health and social care sector.
Further information on the competition, including the criteria for the position, can be found in the Candidate Information Booklet which is available at Public Appointment Competition - Independent Autism Reviewer | Department of Health (health-ni.gov.uk)
The closing date is 12 noon on Friday 16 December 2022.
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 27 January 2023
- Extensions to the terms of five interim authority members of the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority 27 January 2023
- Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics (October - December 2022) 26 January 2023
- Publication of “Domiciliary Care Services for Adults in Northern Ireland (2022)” 24 January 2023