Health Minister Robin Swann has announced additional student places for healthcare undergraduate courses at Queen’s University and Ulster University
The confirmations from the Minister enable offers to be honoured to students in the exceptional circumstances created by recent A-Level regrading decisions.
They include up to 80 additional medicine undergraduate places over the 2020 and 2021 intake; 39 additional nursing places in the 2020/21 academic year; 5 extra social work places for 2020 and 16 extra Allied Health Professional places for 2020.
Mr Swann stated: “I am very pleased to be able to announce this decision in respect of healthcare courses funded by my Department.
“I would like to pay tribute to our universities for the vital work they do in helping to build a world class workforce for our health service.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt,
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Young Persons Behaviour & Attitudes Survey 2019: Substance Use (Smoking, Alcohol & Drugs) 22 September 2020
- Chief Medical Officer welcomes findings from young people’s survey on smoking, alcohol and drugs 22 September 2020
- Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK alert level 21 September 2020
- New plan to transform medication safety launched 17 September 2020