The Department of Health has announced an additional public engagement event will be held as part of the ongoing proposals for a new Substance Use Strategy.
This event will be specifically aimed at hearing the views of service users and their families directly.
The event will cover all aspects of the consultation will take place on Friday 22 January at 10 am and due to the ongoing pandemic, will be held online via ZOOM.
The online meeting is being independently facilitated by ‘Insight Solutions’, who will be taking note of the views expressed by participants and feeding these back to the Department.
The Department would encourage anyone interested in taking part to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to include the following details:
- your name;
- your e-mail address:
- your preferred date to attend; and
- whether you are attending as an individual or on behalf of an organisation.
Notes to editors:
- In order to get the most out of the facilitation events, participants are encouraged to have read through the consultation document, “Making Life better – Preventing Harm and Empowering Recovery: A Strategic Framework to Tackle the Harm from Substance Use”, or its easy read version, beforehand which are both available to download from the Department’s website.
Alternatively individuals or organisations are free to respond to the consultation in their own time via the online option on NI Direct website at.
Officials from the Health Development Policy Branch are also available to discuss the consultation document with groups who would find it beneficial. If you would like to avail of this please contact: email@example.com
The consultation will remain open until Friday 5 February 2021.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- We cannot ease up in our fightback – Health Minister 15 January 2021
- Travel Corridor Suspended 15 January 2021
- Revised visiting guidance comes into effect today 15 January 2021
- Ministers welcome launch of pharmacy codeword scheme for domestic abuse victims 15 January 2021