The Department has today published an Addendum to the Neurology Recall Cohort 3 Activity and Outcomes Report and Neurology Recall Summary Report.
The Cohort 3 Activity and Outcomes Report and Neurology Recall Summary Report were published in June 2022. Belfast Health and Social Care Trust subsequently identified a further 19 patients as falling within the remit of Cohort 3 who therefore required a review appointment.
Today’s Addendum publication provides updated information, in light of these additional patients being recalled.
It concludes that had the 19 patients been reviewed as part of Cohort 3, the overall findings and conclusions of that report and Neurology Recall Summary Report would have remained the same.
The review period for these additional recall appointments was 12 September 2022 to 14 October 2022. They were conducted and completed in line with previous neurology patient recall cohorts.
Whilst the outcome of the Cohort 3 extension has not changed the conclusions within previously published reports, the Department remains very mindful of all the patients and families impacted by the neurology recall.
The Department again wishes to apologise to them all and also extends its thanks for their co-operation and patience during this process. It also wants to thank the clinicians and other staff who provided the recall appointments.
Support for Neurology Recall patients and families continues to be made available from the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust. Any patient affected by the recall and who has concerns, can contact the Neurology Advice Line on 0800 980 1100. The Neurology Advice Line is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with the exception of bank/public holidays. Support is also available through the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust Neurological Care Advisory Service, which offers a signposting to support services, charities and organisations for those living with a chronic neurological condition. The Advisory Service can be contacted by telephone on 028 9504 2270. This service is available from Monday to Friday 9:00am-4:30pm, with an answerphone service available out of hours and Bank Holidays or by emailing email@example.com.
The Department will continue to engage with Neurology Recall stakeholder groups through the Patient Client Council (PCC) and the enhanced Neurology Engagement Platform, facilitated by the PCC.
Notes to editors:
- A summary report on all 3 cohorts of the neurology patient recall was published on 9 June 2022 and can be found on the Department website.
- The Neurology Recall Cohort 1, 2 and 3 Summary Report addendum and the Neurology Recall Cohort 3 Activity and Outcomes Report addendum can be found on the Department website.
- Following the publication of the Cohort 3 Outcomes Report, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust identified 19 additional patients requiring a review appointment as part of the Cohort 3 Neurology Recall. Former Minister Robin Swann made a Written Assembly Statement on 7 September 2022 confirming the extension to the Neurology Recall Cohort 3.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The Duty Press Officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Health Survey (NI): First Results 2022/23 29 November 2023
- New obesity consultations launched 24 November 2023
- Speaking notes for Healthcare Financial Management Association 24 November 2023
- Consultation opens on NI Clinical Excellence Awards 21 November 2023