The Department of Health today announced the extension to the term of a non-executive member of the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (NIMDTA).
Mr Lee Wilson’s term is extended with effect from 13 February 2019 for a maximum period of 12 months.
The appointment carries a time commitment of 20 days per annum and attracts an annual remuneration of £3,070.
NIMDTA is responsible for funding, managing and supporting postgraduate medical and dental education within the Northern Ireland Deanery. It provides a wide range of functions in the organisation, development and quality assurance of Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education and in the delivery and quality assurance of Continuing Professional Development for general, medical and dental practitioners.
This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Wilson holds an MA in Administration and Law, and brings 20 years of experience as a Finance Manager in a local Health Trust to the role. He was previously a Board Member of the Consumer Council for Northern Ireland and is currently a Board Member of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council. In the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency he is the Chair of the Governance and Risk Committee.
- This appointment was made with the approval of the Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr Wilson declared that he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email email@example.com Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- Radical plans to transform day surgery across Northern Ireland are being accelerated by the Department of Health 21 March 2019
- Department announces weight loss surgery centre proposals 19 March 2019
- World Social Work Day message for social workers from NI Chief Social Worker 19 March 2019
- 12 Month Extension to the Term of Non-Executive Chair of the Southern Health and Social Care Trust 19 March 2019