The Department of Health has announced the extension to the term of the Chair of the Southern Health and Social Care Trust (SHSCT).
Mrs Roberta Brownlee’s position as Non-Executive Chair is extended with effect from 7 March 2019 to 6 March 2020. This appointment carries a time commitment of three days per week and may involve commitment both inside and outside normal working hours. The Non-Executive Chair of the Southern HSC Trust appointment attracts an annual remuneration of £30,618.
The Southern HSC Trust is one of five Trusts established as statutorily separate organisations within the HSC family, responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities. They provide health and social care services against Ministerial priorities, standards and targets. Services will be provided as specified in contracts with the commissioners of health and social care services, namely the HSC Board.
Although Trusts are statutorily separate organisations, they are an integral part of the HSC and are expected to deliver against an agenda set by the Minister/Department and performance managed by the Department and the HSC Board.
This extension is made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland.
Notes to editors:
- Mrs Brownlee was appointed as Chair of the Southern Trust in March 2011. She was a Non-Executive Director of the former Southern Board from August 2003 to March 2007, a Non-Executive Director with the Southern Trust from April 2007 and the former Armagh and Dungannon Trust from July 2000 to October 2002. Mrs Brownlee has extensive experience in the public, private and voluntary sectors and brings to the chair position her executive leadership and business acumen. Mrs Brownlee was previously the Chief Executive at both the Sandown Group of Nursing Homes and Tamaris Healthcare. Mrs Brownlee has significant interest in leadership, quality improvement, risk management and stakeholder involvement.
Mrs Brownlee is the owner of Silverdale Care Home in Castlederg which is situated in the Western Trust area. She is also a Board member of the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) and the Prison Service Pay Review Board (PSPRB).
Awarded the MBE in the New Years’ Honours list (2019) for her strong commitment to fundraising for over thirty years and for her role as Chair of the Southern Trust.
This extension is made with the approval of the Department of Health. There are no specific qualifications for appointment.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mrs Brownlee has indicated that she has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office team on 028 9052 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Publication of “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (October – December 2018) 17 April 2019
- Appointment of Non-Executive Chair and Non-Executive Director to the Western Health and Social Care Trust Board 17 April 2019
- Update statement on Review of Breast Assessment Services - 16 April 2019 16 April 2019
- Appointment of non-executive member to the Northern Ireland Guardian Ad Litem Special Health & Social Care Agency (NIGALA) 16 April 2019