PSS Training Policy development, including:
- PSS Training Strategy development
- development of associated policy circulars
- workforce planning related to social work student numbers
- social work student incentive scheme policies (including regional employment based schemes) and associated circulars/guidance and overseeing administration of the student incentive scheme
- reform of professional social work training and associated projects
- career grade structure
Children Order Training Strategy's.
Identifying and securing training implications from major policy developments, reviews and audits.
Overseeing the implementation of PSS Training Strategy for the Voluntary Sector.
Securing the delivery of training strategy through commissioning of training from HSS Boards
Securing Higher Education places for social work training to meet workforce needs in conjunction with other Government Departments, in particular, DE, NIO and DEL.