The Department of Health has outlined the current options available for COVID-19 first dose vaccinations.
From tomorrow, regional vaccination centres will primarily only administer second dose COVID-19 jabs. The only exception to this will be a small group of under 18s who will continue to be able to avail of first doses through the centres. This applies to individuals who are not yet 18 but will have their birthday before 31 October, and children aged 12 to 15 years old who live with someone who is immunosuppressed. Online booking for these limited groups will be available from Monday 2 August.
The following options are available for people who fall outside these groups and who haven’t yet received a first dose vaccine:
Mobile vaccination clinics
Pop-up mobile clinics will continue to visit local communities and venues across Northern Ireland over the coming weeks to offer first dose jabs. The appointment-free clinics, which offer either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, then return to the same location to administer second doses. To find your nearest walk-in clinic, visit nidirect.
The clinics managed by the Belfast, Northern, Southern and Western Trusts, which use the Pfizer vaccine, can also provide the jab to those who turn 18 before 31 October, and children aged 12 to 15 years old who live with someone who is immunosuppressed.
For those aged 40 or over, the AstraZenca vaccine is available in over 350 community pharmacies throughout Northern Ireland. Details of participating pharmacies and information on how to book are available online.
The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, which is available for anyone aged 18 or over, is now also being offered at 16 community pharmacies. Details of the pharmacies currently offering the Moderna vaccine are available online. More pharmacies will be added to the list on a rolling basis over the coming weeks.
Work is ongoing by paediatricians across all Trusts to identify children and young people aged 12 years and over with specific underlying health conditions who will now be offered vaccination following the latest advice from JCVI. Details of where and when vaccinations will be issued to the household of each of the eligible children soon.
Notes to editors:
- For more information on booking a vaccine and the locations of Trust vaccination centres and mobile vaccination clinics, visit: Get a COVID-19 vaccination in Northern Ireland | nidirect
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office by email: email@example.com
- Follow us on twitter @healthdpt
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (April - June 2021) 24 September 2021
- Don’t miss out on final walk-in jab clinics 24 September 2021
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 12 September to 18 September 2021 24 September 2021
- Workforce Appeal will help tackle hospital pressures – Swann 23 September 2021