The Department of Health can today confirm that Northern Ireland’s total of COVID-19 related deaths is now five.
A patient who was in their eighties and had underlying health conditions has sadly died at Antrim Hospital.
In addition, an earlier death has also been confirmed as COVID-19 related.
Health Minister Robin Swann stated: “My deepest sympathies are extended to the families affected.
“These deaths must never become mere statistics. Behind each of them is a family plunged into grief.”
From today, the Public Health Agency is publishing daily Covid-19 surveillance bulletins which will provide further detail on the number of tests carried out and the geographic spread of positive cases. https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/news/covid-19-coronavirus
Notes to editors:
- The most recent COVID-19 death is not included in the Public Health Agency surveillance report, but will be included from tomorrow.
- The report is published on the Public Health Agency website.
- Media queries to Department for Health Information Office on 028 9052 0571. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Swann sets out waiting list task 20 February 2024
- Health Minister writes to the BMA Junior Doctors Committee 20 February 2024
- Increase in funded IVF provision 15 February 2024
- CAMHS Waiting Time Statistics for Northern Ireland (December 2023) 14 February 2024