The Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety has today published “Quarterly Carers’ Statistics for Northern Ireland (July - September 2015)”.
This publication of quarterly figures relates to Carers’ Statistics in Northern Ireland.
Key Facts and Figures:
During quarter ending 30 September 2015:
- a carer’s assessment was offered to 3,195 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 30 September 2015. This represented an increase of 3% (95) from the quarter ending 30 June 2015 (3,100) and an increase of 21% (550) from the same quarter last year (2,645)
- of the 3,195 carers’ assessments offered, 38% (1,221) were accepted / completed and 62% (1,974) were declined
- a carer’s reassessment was offered to 538 carers in Northern Ireland during the quarter ending 30 September 2015. This represented a decrease of 5% (27) from the quarter ending 30 June 2015 (565) and an increase of 26% (112) from the same quarter last year (426).
- of the 538 carers’ reassessments offered, 69% (372) were accepted / completed and 31% (166) were declined
Notes to editors:
1. This information was collated by Community Information Branch within the DHSSPS.
2. A statistical release of carers’ information is published on a quarterly basis.
3. Statistics detailed within the bulletin are presented regionally and by Health and Social Care Trust in respect of carers’ assessments and reassessments that are offered, accepted / completed and declined; and are available by the client group of the person being cared for.
4. Similar statistics relating to the quarter ending 31 December 2015 are due for release on 10 March 2016.
5. This publication is available to view online.
6. Further information is available from:
Community Information Branch
Belfast BT4 3SP
Tel: 028 9052 8134
Fax: 028 9052 3288
7. Media queries to DHSSPS Information Office on 028 905 20579
Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Extension to term of Office of a Non-Executive Member of the Patient and Client Council 17 July 2019
- Reappointment of two Non-Executive Directors to the Public Health Agency 09 July 2019
- Complaints and Compliments received by HSC Trusts in Northern Ireland 2018-19 04 July 2019
- Transformation fund continues to support much-needed change 04 July 2019