As of 2pm on Tuesday 17 March, testing has resulted in 10 new positive cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland to 62.
The total number of tests completed in Northern Ireland is 1,338.
People with mild symptoms - new persistent cough and/or fever - should stay at home and self-isolate. They will not require testing and will not therefore be included in testing totals.
Notes to editors:
- The published testing figure now includes the total number of tests conducted. Previously, the published total was confined to people who met the case definition for suspected coronavirus. However, during this time wider testing was carried out for surveillance and clinical purposes – for example for patients in intensive care and other hospital settings with respiratory symptoms.
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency.
- Media queries to Department for Health Information Office on 028 9052 0575. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- NI playing its part in NHS Covid-19 clinical trials 07 April 2020
- Health Minister visits Northern Ireland’s first Nightingale Hospital 07 April 2020
- Ministers for Health agree Memorandum of Understanding between Irish Government and Northern Ireland Executive 07 April 2020
- Temporary pause of routine screening programmes 07 April 2020