As of 2pm on Tuesday 17 March, testing has resulted in 10 new positive cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland to 62.
The total number of tests completed in Northern Ireland is 1,338.
People with mild symptoms - new persistent cough and/or fever - should stay at home and self-isolate. They will not require testing and will not therefore be included in testing totals.
Notes to editors:
- The published testing figure now includes the total number of tests conducted. Previously, the published total was confined to people who met the case definition for suspected coronavirus. However, during this time wider testing was carried out for surveillance and clinical purposes – for example for patients in intensive care and other hospital settings with respiratory symptoms.
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency.
- Media queries to Department for Health Information Office on 028 9052 0575. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Children’s services a key priority - Swann 26 October 2020
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 3 October -16 October 2020 23 October 2020
- Postponed cancer procedures deeply disturbing 23 October 2020
- Shielding to remain paused 23 October 2020