As of 2pm on Monday 16 March, testing has resulted in seven new positive cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland to 52.
The total number of tests completed in Northern Ireland is 1,171.
People with mild symptoms - new persistent cough and/or fever - should stay at home and self-isolate. They will not require testing and will not therefore be included in testing totals.
Notes to editors:
- The published testing figure now includes the total number of tests conducted. Previously, the published total was confined to people who met the case definition for suspected coronavirus. However, during this time wider testing was carried out for surveillance and clinical purposes – for example for patients in intensive care and other hospital settings with respiratory symptoms.
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency.
- Media queries to DoH Information Office on 028 90 520575, or out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Statistics from the Northern Ireland Substance Misuse Database: 2019/20 29 October 2020
- Swann Welcomes Funding Allocation to Health 29 October 2020
- Re-introduction of Free car parking for HSC staff 29 October 2020
- ‘StopCOVID NI’ app compatible with tracing apps in Scotland and Jersey 28 October 2020