As of 2pm on Friday 20 March, testing has resulted in nine new positive cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland to 86.
To date 1 person who tested positive has sadly died.
The total number of tests completed in Northern Ireland is 1,816.
People with mild symptoms - new persistent cough and/or fever - should stay at home and self-isolate. They will not require testing and will not therefore be included in testing totals.
Notes to editors:
- Further information on demographics and geographic location of confirmed cases will be provided next week.
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency
- Media queries to Department for Health Information Office on 028 9052 0571. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- ‘Contact tracing to become part of everyday life’ 10 July 2020
- Trust rebuilding plans published 10 July 2020
- Don’t think Leicester’s lockdown couldn’t happen here 10 July 2020
- Current estimate of R Number 09 July 2020