As of 2pm on Thursday 19 March, testing has resulted in 9 new positive cases, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Northern Ireland to 77.
1 person who tested positive has sadly died.
The total number of tests completed in Northern Ireland is 1,646.
People with mild symptoms - new persistent cough and/or fever - should stay at home and self-isolate. They will not require testing and will not therefore be included in testing totals.
Notes to editors:
- Further information on demographics and geographic location of confirmed cases will be provided next week.
- Detailed information and advice on coronavirus is available from the Public Health Agency
- Media queries to Department for Health Information Office on 028 9052 0571. Out of hours contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey Northern Ireland – 3 October -16 October 2020 23 October 2020
- Postponed cancer procedures deeply disturbing 23 October 2020
- Shielding to remain paused 23 October 2020
- Care home sick leave support funding will continue – Health Minister 22 October 2020