Health Minister Robin Swann has paid tribute to health and social care staff recognised in the 2022 Jubilee Birthday Honours.
The recipients include Patricia Donnelly, the former head of the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Northern Ireland, who has received an OBE for services to the Covid-19 response.
A number of other health and social care staff, voluntary and community organisations and volunteers have also been recognised. A variety of disciplines have been honoured including the ambulance service, allied health and those whose dedication to health and social care in Northern Ireland is being recognised.
Congratulating the recipients, Minister Swann said: “I am delighted for our local health and social care staff who have been recognised in the Birthday Honours in Her Majesty’s Jubilee year. The Honours list demonstrates the exceptional contribution that our health and social care staff make and the positive impact they have on so many people’s lives. This recognition is so well deserved and I want congratulate each and every recipient and thank them for everything they do.”
The Minister continued by personally thanking Patricia Donnelly for her significant contribution during the Covid-19 pandemic. He said: “Patricia was to the fore of the response to the pandemic for over 18 months, spearheading the largest vaccination campaign in our history. I want to express my heartfelt thanks to Patricia for stepping forward and expertly developing and leading the vaccination programme. This is a richly deserved honour that is a fitting tribute to someone who played such a pivotal role throughout the pandemic.”
Notes to editors:
- For media enquiries please contact the DoH Press Office by email email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @healthdpt.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 05 August 2022
- Release of Northern Ireland inpatient, day case and outpatient hospital statistics for 2021/22 04 August 2022
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Infection Survey, Northern Ireland: Weekly Report 29 July 2022
- New digital strategy will unlock opportunities for health service improvements 28 July 2022