The Non-Executive appointments of Carol Curran, the Non-Executive Chair and Alison Baxendale, Maureen Clark and Paul Davidson, Non-Executive Members of the Northern Ireland Practice and Education Council for Nursing and Midwifery (NIPEC) have been extended. Periods of extension are for a maximum period of two years as follows:
- Professor Carol Curran from 20 June 2017-19 June 2019
- Mrs Alison Baxendale from 18 July 2017-17 July 2019
- Mrs Maureen Clark from 18 July 2017-17 July 2019
- Mr Paul Davidson from 1 August 2017- 31July 2019
The remuneration for the position of Non-Executive Chair is £ 10,732 per annum and carries a time commitment of 45 days per annum. The Non-Executive Member positions carry a time commitment of 20 days per annum.
Notes to editors:
- The Northern Ireland Practice and Education Council for Nursing and Midwifery (NIPEC) supports, through education, the provision of best nursing and midwifery practices across health and social care in Northern Ireland in the statutory, independent and voluntary sectors. The culture of lifelong learning and continuous development promoted by NIPEC enables nurses and midwives to maximize their contribution to the health and well-being of patients.
- NIPEC also undertakes commissioned and non-commissioned work on behalf of the Department and other statutory, voluntary and independent organisations.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. All four of these appointees have declared that they have not engaged in any political activity.
- Details of Appointees:
Professor Carol Curran Non-Executive Chair is the Executive Dean of the Faculty of Life and Health Sciences at the Ulster University and has held a number of posts including Head of the School of Nursing and Chief Executive Officer of Ulster University Health Limited. Carol is widely recognised as a nurse leader, regularly delivering key-note addresses at prestigious conferences worldwide. She has been a visiting scholar at Kent State University, Ohio and is currently visiting professor at Qiqihar Medical University China. In 2014 Carol was recognised in the Queen’s Honours, receiving an OBE for services to Education and Nursing in Northern Ireland. She is a registered nurse and holds specialist qualifications in District Nursing and Education. She has a BSc, MSc and PhD all from Ulster University, along with a Diploma in Nursing from the University of London.
Mrs Alison Baxendale Non-Executive Member has worked within the National Health Service (NHS) in England in a variety of clinical and managerial roles. She qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist and specialised in working with children with specific speech and language disorders. Her managerial roles included Service Manager, Business Manager, General Manager and Head of Clinical Services. She has been a clinical advisor to the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman was an executive coach and Leadership Quality Framework facilitator and trainer. She worked for the Care Quality Commission inspecting health and social care organisations from 2012 until 2016. Mrs Baxendale currently holds the position of Deputy Chair on NIPEC’s Council.
Mrs Maureen Clark Non-Executive Member has extensive experience as a teacher and Head teacher in a variety of educational settings. She has been a member of the Governing Body of the Southern Regional College where she chaired the Finance and General Purposes Committee and the Education Committee and was a member of the Staffing and Audit Committees. During her appointment as a member of the Council of Ulster University 2008 – 2016, she served on the Resources Committee, the Strategy and Governance Committee, the Audit Committee and the Organisational Development Committee. Each position has been in a voluntary capacity.
Mr. Paul Davidson Non-Executive Member in addition to his role as Lay Member of NIPEC council is currently engaged as lecturer (Engineering) for Open University, and is a student support provider for Student Guidance Centre at QUB and Professional Registration Advisor for the Institute of Engineering & Technology.
- For media enquiries please contact DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned. Follow us on Twitter
- Emergency Care Waiting Time Statistics (January – March 2018) 26 April 2018
- Healthcare and the law on termination of pregnancy for Fatal Fetal Abnormality: Publication of Report 25 April 2018
- Appointment of 4 Non-Executive Members to the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service 25 April 2018
- Extension of appointment of the Non-Executive Chair of the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust 19 April 2018