The Department of Health has announced the extension of the term of appointment of the Non-Executive Chair of the South Eastern Health and Social Care (HSC) Trust.
The extension for a maximum of six months from 16 October 2017 relates to Mr Colm McKenna and carries a time commitment of 3 days per week and attracts an annual remuneration of £29,716.
The South Eastern Trust is one of five HSC Trusts established in 2007 responsible for the delivery of responsive and effective health and care services and for the ownership and management of hospitals and other establishments and facilities.
Each Trust is managed directly by a Board of Directors which has corporate responsibility for its operation. The Board is made up of five executive directors and seven non-executive directors and a non-executive chair. Executive directors and non-executive directors are full and equal members of the Board.
The appointments are made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for NI. The final decision on the appointment rests with the Department.
Notes to editors:
- Mr Colm McKenna has had a long and successful career in financial services, which included leadership positions in corporate treasury, international banking, Trade Finance and Marketing, Colm retired from the industry in 2008. Colm is passionate about improving public services and since leaving the banking industry he has dedicated his energies to Board level leadership roles in the NI public sector.
He has been Chairman of the South Eastern Trust since October 2008. He was appointed Chairman of the Agri Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) in April 2014 and to the board of the Food Standards Agency and as Chairman of the NI Food Advisory Committee. He currently serves as the Chairman of the NI Public Sector Chairs’ Forum.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. Mr McKenna has declared he has not engaged in any political activity in the last five years.
- Media enquiries to DoH Press Office on 028 9052 0579. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 2397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Department of Health update MLAs re: neurology patient recall 18 May 2018
- Inpatient Patient Experience Survey 2017 15 May 2018
- Department of Health launches Health and Social Care Workforce Strategy 14 May 2018
- Appointment of non-executive member to the Northern Ireland Social Care Council 14 May 2018