Patients with symptoms who have recently travelled to affected regions should self-isolate at home and contact their GP by telephone. If they are not registered with a GP, they should telephone their hospital Emergency Department. Please do not attend your GP or hospital without telephoning in advance.
The latest information and advice is available from the Public Health Agency.
The Department of Health and the Public Health Agency are keeping abreast of the changing situation around Covid-19 and are liaising with partners across the UK and the Republic of Ireland including; Public Health England, Health Service Executive (RoI) and our local Health Trusts on this issue.
Below are links providing further advice and updates on Covid-19:
- COVID-19 Pre-employment vetting guidance to employers providing health and social care
- Developing immediate critical care nursing capacity
- Covid-19 Surge Plans - Letter from Permanent Secretary - 26 March 2020
- Letter template for GPs to circulate to patients at highest risk during COVID-19 pandemic
- Joint statement - Mobilising F1 doctors and Yr5 medical students across the UK
- Covid-19 Approved Home Childcare Scheme
- Health Minister's Letter to the Childcare Sector - 20 March 2020
- Covid-19: Guidance for Homeless Providers in Northern Ireland
- Covid-19 - Returning Professionals Advice
- Chief Medical Officer Advice Letters
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer's Letter to Pharmacists on Covid-19 (coronavirus) - 19 March 2020
- Health and Social Care (NI) Summary Covid-19 Plan for the Period Mid-March to Mid-April 2020
- Irish Sign Language Video - Important Information about Covid-19
- British Sign Language Video - Important Information about Covid-19
- Guidance for Nursing and Residential Care Homes in Northern Ireland - 17 March 2020
- Guidance for Domiciliary Care Providers in Northern Ireland - 17 March 2020
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer's Letter to Pharmacists on Covid-19 - 11 March 2020
- Chief Pharmaceutical Officer's letter to Pharmacists on Covid-19 - 6 March 2020
- Testing of a patient in Northern Ireland has resulted in a presumptive positive test for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Statements to the Northern Ireland Assembly from the Health Minister Robin Swann in relation to Covid-19 (coronavirus).
- Department of Health statement on Covid-19 (coronavirus) - 7 February 2020
- Statement from the four UK Chief Medical Officers - 30 January 2020
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Travel Advice
- Guidance from Public Health England
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation reports from the World Health Organisation (WHO)