A helpline has also been established for anyone in Northern Ireland who has travelled to China or any of the other affected regions in the past 14 days. The helpline number is 0300 200 7885 and is available 24/7 if you have no symptoms but want general advice. Patients with symptoms should stay at home and contact their GP by telephone.
The latest information and advice on Covid-19 (coronavirus) is available from the Public Health Agency.
There are no confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Northern Ireland.
The Department of Health and the Public Health Agency are keeping abreast of the changing situation around Covid-19 and are liaising with partners across the UK and the Republic of Ireland including; Public Health England, Health Service Executive (RoI) and our local Health Trusts on this issue.
The Department of Health and Social Care will publish daily figures for the UK here. Test results from Northern Ireland are included in the UK figure.
The government is monitoring the situation closely and will continue to work with the World Health Organization (WHO) and international community.
The government’s approach is guided by the advice of the Chief Medical Officer.
Below are links providing further advice and updates on Covid-19:
- HSS (MD) 8/2020 25 February 2020 - Updated Advice In Relation to the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) - Includes Flowcharts
- Covid-19 - First Responders Guidance - February 2020
- Department of Health statement on Covid-19 (coronavirus) - 7 February 2020
- HSS (MD) 07/2020 07 February 2020 - Updated Advice in Relation to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) - Includes Contacts and Flowcharts
- HSS (MD) 05/2020 31 January 2020 - Updated Advice - Covid-19 - Includes Pathway
- Statement from the four UK Chief Medical Officers - 30 January 2020
- Advice from the Public Health Agency on Covid-19
- HSS (MD) 04/2020 24 January 2020 - Wuhan Novel Coronavirus - Message for all Clinical Staff Encountering Patients with Respiratory Infections Arrived from Overseas
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Travel Advice
- Guidance from Public Health England
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation reports from the World Health Organisation (WHO)