Do have something to say about the future development and delivery of:
- Art Therapy (using art media to encourage people’s self-expression and reflection);
- Drama Therapy (using the healing aspects of drama and theatre as the therapeutic process, facilitating creativity, imagination, learning, insight and growth);
- Music Therapy (using music creatively to help people address social, emotional or physical difficulties);
- Orthotics (providing braces and splints for people with spine, limb or foot injuries or deformities); or
- Prosthetics (providing artificial limbs or other devices to support people who need them in their daily life).
The Department of Health is undertaking workforce reviews of these Allied Health Professions (AHPs). Have you experience of these services or thoughts on how they should develop and be delivered in the future?
You may be a professional, worker or volunteer in any sector, or a service user. Either way, we want to hear about your experience of these vital services. This is your chance to help shape future service delivery and have your voice heard.
The AHP Workforce Review Stakeholder Engagement Event will take place on Friday 7 September 2018, 10.00 – 14.00 in the Loughview Suite, Ulster University, Jordanstown.
You can book your place for this event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (028) 9052 3233 on or before 12.00 on Friday 24 August 2018. We will need your name; position and organisation (if you work or volunteer) or status (if you are a service user/carer); the profession(s) that you are interested in and your contact details (e-mail, telephone number and postal address). You can find more details of how we process your personal information in this Privacy Notice.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. You will receive a full information pack in advance to enable you to take part in discussion during the event.
A light lunch will be provided at the event. Service users/carers will be able to claim travel expenses (car mileage currently at the NICS Standard Rate) to attend. Please advise if you have any special requirements, including dietary (e.g. gluten-free) or access needs, to enable you to attend this event.
If you are unable to attend but wish to comment on these issues, please contact us using the details above to receive your information pack. Your written comments must be received on or before 17.00 on Friday 7 September 2018.